Texas Low Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Compact Commission – March 12, 2020
TEXAS LOW-LEVEL RADIOACTIVE WASTE DISPOSAL COMPACT COMMISSION
March 12, 2020
10:00 A.M. Central Standard Time
Texas State Capitol Room
E1.016 1100 Congress Ave
Austin, Texas 78701
The Commission will meet at the above-stated time, date, and location to consider and take appropriate action on the items listed in the agenda set out below.
- Call to Order
- Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
- Introduction of
b. Elected Officials
- Public Comment (Note: The Chair’s Procedures for Maintaining Decorum
(“Procedures “) may be reviewed on the Commission’s website,
http://www.tllrwdcc.org/ under the ” Public Meetings ” Tab). These Procedures will be in effect with respect to public comments for the meetings of the Commission. The Speaker Card referred to in the Procedures will be available for completion at the meeting along with a copy of the Procedures.
- Consideration of and possible action on each of the following applications for importation of low-level radioactive waste:
- a. Xcel Energy Monticello – Import Application – TLLRWDCC 1-0247-00
- b. Ameriphysics – Import Application – TLLRWDCC 1-0248-00
- c. University of Missouri Research Reactor – Import Application –TLLRWDCC 1-0249-00
- Receive reports from Mr. Dave Carlson of Waste Control Specialists about:
- a. Compact Facility capacity,
- b. Recent site operations, and
- c. Any other matter WCS wishes to bring to the attention of the Compact Commission.
- Chairman’s report on Compact Commission activities:
- a. Fiscal matters to be taken by the Compact,
- b. Commission audit, and
- c. Report and discussion of recent and future conferences and meetings attended by Commissioners
- Discussion and possible action regarding the contingency plan described in Section 3.04 of the Texas Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Compact, including the appointment of commissioners to serve on a Contingency Plan committee.
- Discussion and possible action related to personnel matters, including hiring of an administrative assistant and executive director.
- Discussion and possible changes of dates and locations of future Commission meetings in 2020 and 2021.
The Texas Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Compact Commission may meet in Closed Session on any item listed above if authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code.