TEXAS COMPACT COMMISSION HOLDS OCTOBER 2018 MEETING
On October 11, 2018, the Texas Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Compact Commission (Texas Compact Commission) held a regularly scheduled meeting in Manchester, Vermont. Interested stakeholders were able to participate on the campus of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) in Austin, Texas. No member of the Commission was present at the Austin location.
The following items were on the agenda for the Texas Compact Commission meeting:
- roll call and determination of quorum;
- introduction of Commissioners, elected officials and press;
- consideration of and possible action on applications for importation of low-level radioactive waste from Duke Brunswick, Dale Brunswick IH, Exelon, Southern Nuclear Company – Vogtle, Arizona Public Service, Tennessee Valley Authority and Tennessee Valley Authority IH;
- consideration of and possible action on an application for exportation of low-level radioactive waste from UT HSC – Ameriphysics;
- consideration of and possible action on amendments to an existing agreement with Entergy Grand Gulf;
- receive reports from Waste Control Specialists LLC (WCS) about recent site operations and any other matter WCS wishes to bring to the attention of the Compact Commission;
- report from Commissioner Morris, Chair on 31 TAC §675.24 relating to Requirement to Report on the Importation of Certain Low-Level Radioactive Waste for Management or Disposal that is not Required to be Disposed of in the Compact Facility;
- discussion and possible action on the adoption of an amendment or amendments to the Commission’s Bylaws authorizing the reimbursement of members of the Commission and staff for reasonable and appropriate gratuities with limitations and guidelines for such reimbursements;
- discussion and possible action relating to long term planning and actions of the Commission relating to fiscal matters, staff roles, public reporting concerning low-level radioactive waste imported in to the compact states and methods and requirements for such data collection;
- discussion of a Contingency Plan for the Compact Facility;
- receive report from Chair on Texas Compact Commission activities including an update on fiscal matters to be taken by the compact, H.B. 2662 Legislative Committee meeting and addressing personnel matters;
- report from Leigh Ing, Executive Director of the Texas Compact Commission, on her activities relating to Texas Compact Commission operations including change in office location, industry conferences and Texas Compact Commission Annual Report;
- discussion and possible changes of dates and locations of future Texas Compact Commission meetings in 2018 and 2019; and,
The Texas Compact Commission may meet in closed session as authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code. Texas Compact Commission meetings are open to the public.
For additional information, please contact Texas Compact Commission Executive Director Leigh Ing at (512) 305-8941 or at (leigh.ing (at) tllrwdcc (dot) org) leigh.ing (at) tllrwdcc (dot) org.