On August 20, The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) voted to deny requests to have a contested case hearing on a significant amendment to the license for the Texas Compact disposal facility operated by Waste Control Specialists (WCS). The vote effectively amends the license to allow WCS to dispose up to 9 million cubic feet of waste and to begin accepting depleted uranium at the compact disposal facility. The amendment ale reduces the financial assurance that WCS is required to post from $136 million to $86 million.
For additional information, contact Rod Baltzer, President of WCS, at (972) 450-4235 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact information for TCEQ may be found here. www.tceq.state.tx.us/permitting/radmat/contact.html
- RADWASTE SUMMIT MEETING, SEPTEMBER 5-7, 2017
- RADIOACTIVE WASTE TO BE HAULED THROUGH MISSISSIPPI
- DOE REOPENS THE WIPP FACILITY IN NEW MEXICO
- NRC RELEASES SECY 16-0106 REQUESTING COMMISSION APPROVAL TO PUBLISH FINAL RULE RE LLRW DISPOSAL (10 CFR PART 61)
- NRC ISSUES NEW DOCUMENTS RE DECOMMISSIONING TIMELINESS RULE IMPLEMENTATION AND ASSOCIATED REGULATORY RELIEF