In early September 2014, the Texas State Department of Health Services (TSDHS) released for public comment draft revisions to both 25 Texas Administrative Code (TAC) §289.251 concerning exemptions, general licenses, and general license acknowledgements and 25 TAC §289.252 concerning licensing of radioactive material.
Among other things, the draft revisions seek to implement a two-year limit on the storage of disused sources for both specific and general licensees.
Public comments on the draft revisions were due by September 29, 2014.
The draft rules can be found at http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/radiation/draft.shtm.
- DOE REOPENS THE WIPP FACILITY IN NEW MEXICO
- NRC RELEASES SECY 16-0106 REQUESTING COMMISSION APPROVAL TO PUBLISH FINAL RULE RE LLRW DISPOSAL (10 CFR PART 61)
- NRC ISSUES NEW DOCUMENTS RE DECOMMISSIONING TIMELINESS RULE IMPLEMENTATION AND ASSOCIATED REGULATORY RELIEF
- NEW MANIFEST INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM WEB SITE AND DATA
- TEXAS RELEASES DRAFT TWO-YEAR STORAGE RULE FOR COMMENT