In a news release issued on March 6, 2014, the U.S Nuclear Regulatory Commission announced that it is seeking public comments on its draft Strategic Plan, covering Fiscal Year 2014-2018. The draft provides a blueprint for the agency to plan, implement and monitor work needed to achieve the NRC’s mission for the next four years. See the attached NRC NEWS (LINK) for more details.
Public comments may be submitted in two ways:
• online through the federal government’s rulemaking website at www.regulations.gov. using Docket ID NRC-2013-0230; and,
• by mail to Cindy Bladey, Chief, Rules, Announcements, and Directives Branch, Office of Administration, Mail Stop: 3WFN-06-44M, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
The draft Strategic Plan is available on the NRC’s website at www.nrc.gov. Contact Ivonne Couret of the NRC at (301) 415-8200 for additional information.
- DOE REOPENS THE WIPP FACILITY IN NEW MEXICO
- NRC RELEASES SECY 16-0106 REQUESTING COMMISSION APPROVAL TO PUBLISH FINAL RULE RE LLRW DISPOSAL (10 CFR PART 61)
- NRC ISSUES NEW DOCUMENTS RE DECOMMISSIONING TIMELINESS RULE IMPLEMENTATION AND ASSOCIATED REGULATORY RELIEF
- NEW MANIFEST INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM WEB SITE AND DATA
- TEXAS RELEASES DRAFT TWO-YEAR STORAGE RULE FOR COMMENT