NRC RELEASES SECY 16-0106 REQUESTING COMMISSION APPROVAL TO PUBLISH FINAL RULE RE LLRW DISPOSAL (10 CFR PART 61)
On October 3, 2016, the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) published SECY-16-0106, which seeks Commission approval to publish a final rule in the Federal Register that would amend Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR) Parts 20, “Standards for Protection Against Radiation,” and Part 61, “Licensing Requirements for Land Disposal of Radioactive Waste.” According to SECY-16-0106, NRC staff intends to publish implementing guidance concurrently with the final rule.
Information regarding SECY-16-0106 and related documents may be found at the following links:
• ML16188A307 – SECY-16-0106: Final Rule: Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal (10 CFR Part 61)(RIN 3150-AI92) (10 page(s), 9/15/2016) http://www.nrc.gov/docs/ML1618/ML16188A307.pdf
• ML16188A371 – SECY-16-0106: FRN: Final Rule: 10 CFR Part 61 Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal (RIN 3150-A192) Enclosure 1 (288 page(s), 9/15/2016) http://www.nrc.gov/docs/ML1618/ML16188A371.pdf
• ML16189A050 – SECY-16-0106: RA: Final Rule 10 CFR Part 61 Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal (RIN 3150-A192) Enclosure 2 (46 page(s), 9/15/2016) http://www.nrc.gov/docs/ML1618/ML16189A050.pdf
The rule is before the Commission for review and is not final until the Commission votes.
For additional information on SECY-16-0106 and related documents, please contact either Gary Comfort at (301) 415-8106 or at Gary.Comfort (at) nrc (dot) gov or Stephen Dembeck at (301) 415-2342 or at Stephen.Dembek@nrc.gov.
- DOE REOPENS THE WIPP FACILITY IN NEW MEXICO
- NRC RELEASES SECY 16-0106 REQUESTING COMMISSION APPROVAL TO PUBLISH FINAL RULE RE LLRW DISPOSAL (10 CFR PART 61)
- NRC ISSUES NEW DOCUMENTS RE DECOMMISSIONING TIMELINESS RULE IMPLEMENTATION AND ASSOCIATED REGULATORY RELIEF
- NEW MANIFEST INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM WEB SITE AND DATA
- TEXAS RELEASES DRAFT TWO-YEAR STORAGE RULE FOR COMMENT