The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) released Staff Requirements Memorandum (SRM) SECY-13-0075 regarding proposed rule changes to amend Part 61 of Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR Part 61) that includes licensing requirements for the land disposal of radioactive waste.
The draft rule went to the Commission in July 2013 for approval. The Commission members completed the process of reviewing and voting on the proposed rule and the Commission staff developed the SRM that consolidates the issues in the individual vote sheets submitted by the commissioners. The Commission approved the SRM on February 12, 2014. The NRC staff will revise the rule-making package based on the Commission’s vote and comments.
The Commission Voting Record may be found at:
The SRM includes a list of comments and changes that will be included in the publication of the proposed rule and draft guidance for public comment. The SRM may be found at:
For additional information, please contact Andrew Carrera in the NRC’s Office of Federal and State Materials and Environmental Management at 301-415-1078 or at (Andrew.Carrera (at) nrc (dot) gov) Andrew.Carrera (at) nrc (dot) gov..
- RADWASTE SUMMIT MEETING, SEPTEMBER 5-7, 2017
- RADIOACTIVE WASTE TO BE HAULED THROUGH MISSISSIPPI
- DOE REOPENS THE WIPP FACILITY IN NEW MEXICO
- NRC RELEASES SECY 16-0106 REQUESTING COMMISSION APPROVAL TO PUBLISH FINAL RULE RE LLRW DISPOSAL (10 CFR PART 61)
- NRC ISSUES NEW DOCUMENTS RE DECOMMISSIONING TIMELINESS RULE IMPLEMENTATION AND ASSOCIATED REGULATORY RELIEF