On August 27, 2014, the U.S. NRC announced that it is taking Georgia’s Agreement State program off probation after a review earlier this year found the state has made significant progress in addressing several areas of unsatisfactory performance found in an earlier review. The NRC placed Georgia’s program on probation in August 2013. The program will remain under “heightened oversight,” which involves frequent interaction with NRC staff.
The NRC press release can be found here. www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/news/2014/14.056.pdf
Contact Maureen Conley of the NRC at (301) 415-8200 for additional information.
- RADWASTE SUMMIT MEETING, SEPTEMBER 5-7, 2017
- RADIOACTIVE WASTE TO BE HAULED THROUGH MISSISSIPPI
- DOE REOPENS THE WIPP FACILITY IN NEW MEXICO
- NRC RELEASES SECY 16-0106 REQUESTING COMMISSION APPROVAL TO PUBLISH FINAL RULE RE LLRW DISPOSAL (10 CFR PART 61)
- NRC ISSUES NEW DOCUMENTS RE DECOMMISSIONING TIMELINESS RULE IMPLEMENTATION AND ASSOCIATED REGULATORY RELIEF