On September 16, 2014, the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission approved a rule to certify GE-Hitachi Nuclear Energy’s Economic Simplified Boiling-Water Reactor (ESBWR) design for use in the United States. The rule will go into effect 30 days after its publication in the Federal Register. The NRC has certified four other standard reactor designs: the Advanced Boiling Water Reactor, System 80+, AP600, and AP1000.
Please go to the NRC’s website at www.nrc.gov. or contact Scott Burnell of the NRC at (301) 415-8200 for additional information about the ESBWR design review.
- DOE REOPENS THE WIPP FACILITY IN NEW MEXICO
- NRC RELEASES SECY 16-0106 REQUESTING COMMISSION APPROVAL TO PUBLISH FINAL RULE RE LLRW DISPOSAL (10 CFR PART 61)
- NRC ISSUES NEW DOCUMENTS RE DECOMMISSIONING TIMELINESS RULE IMPLEMENTATION AND ASSOCIATED REGULATORY RELIEF
- NEW MANIFEST INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM WEB SITE AND DATA
- TEXAS RELEASES DRAFT TWO-YEAR STORAGE RULE FOR COMMENT