Disused Sources Working Group Report Now Available
In September 2011, at the request of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) National Nuclear Security Administration/Global Threat Reduction Initiative (NNSA/GTRI), the Low-Level Radioactive Waste Forum (LLW Forum) formed the Disused Sources Work Group (DSWG) to develop recommendations for improving the management and disposition of disused sealed sources that pose a threat to national security.
Over a 30-month period, the DSWG solicited input from a broad range of stakeholders. The final report, which includes findings and recommendations from the working group, was released at the spring LLW Forum meeting in Austin, Texas on March 17, 2014.
A PDF version of the report may be found here:www.bpdirectory.com.
A limited number of printed copies of the report will be available while supplies last by contacting the LLW Forum at (754) 779-7551 or (LLWForumInc (at) aol (dot) com) LLWForumInc (at) aol (dot) com.
- DOE REOPENS THE WIPP FACILITY IN NEW MEXICO
- NRC RELEASES SECY 16-0106 REQUESTING COMMISSION APPROVAL TO PUBLISH FINAL RULE RE LLRW DISPOSAL (10 CFR PART 61)
- NRC ISSUES NEW DOCUMENTS RE DECOMMISSIONING TIMELINESS RULE IMPLEMENTATION AND ASSOCIATED REGULATORY RELIEF
- NEW MANIFEST INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM WEB SITE AND DATA
- TEXAS RELEASES DRAFT TWO-YEAR STORAGE RULE FOR COMMENT